Patient Bill Of Rights
We want everyone to be on the same page about the services our team provides. Sound Dental Care offers a copy of the Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities to each patient upon admission. Copies of the Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities will be made available to anyone requesting a copy.
Sound Dental Care distributes a statement of patient responsibilities that includes, but is not limited to:
- Be fully informed in advance about care/service to be provided, including the disciplines that furnish care and the frequency of visits, as well as any modifications to the plan of care/treatment.
- Be informed of their financial responsibility in advance of care/service to be provided.
- Receive information about the scope of services that the organization will provide and specific limitations on those services.
- Communicate with the agency regarding their treatment plan.
- Be informed of their right to refuse care or treatment after the consequences of refusing care or treatment are fully presented.
- Have their property and person treated with respect, consideration, and recognition of their dignity and individuality.
- Be able to identify visiting personnel members through proper identification.
- Be free from mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source and misappropriation of patient property.
- Be able to voice grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care or lack of respect of property, or recommend changes in policy, personnel, or care/service without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal.
- Be able to have grievances/complaints regarding treatment/care that is, or fails to be, provided or lack of respect of property investigated.
- Be able to have confidentiality and privacy of all information contained in the patient record and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Be advised of the organization’s policies and procedures regarding the disclosure of clinical records.
- Receive appropriate care without discrimination.
- Be informed of financial benefits to the organization being referred to.
- Be fully informed of their responsibilities.
- Choose a dental provider.
- Patient submits forms that are necessary to receive care/services.
- Patient provides accurate medical and contact information and any changes.
- Patient notifies the treating provider of participation in the care/services provided by the practice.
- Patient notifies the practice of any concerns about the care/services provided.
For a patient needing assistance in understanding these rights, both the patient and the person authorizing care must be fully informed of these rights.
All Sound Dental Care team members are trained in discussing the Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities with the patients and caregivers. If you have questions or concerns about the information provided here, please reach out.